"HagClock" Low Noise Oscillator (discontinued)
The HagClock low noise oscillator is intended for use as a reference clock in CD players and
transports. It employs a number of circuit improvements over the classic sinewave oscillator
design, enhancing performance in all respects. The built-in super-regulators make installation simple,
requiring no additional circuitry.
Check out this review #1.
- Ultra-low jitter output
- Built-in super-regulators
- Easy installation
- Crystal selectable frequency
|Rise/Fall Time||<5ns (20% to 80%)|
|Size||3.7" x 1.7" (PCB)|
|Input Voltage||+/-8V to +/-15V (+45mA, -20mA)|
The HagClock has a low impedance output buffer that is tuned for driving a short section of twisted pair
transmission line (CAT5). The waveform below shows the actual response using 6" of line and a 100 ohm series
termination into a 10pF scope probe load. Such care to impedance matching eliminates ringing and reflection
distortion and keeps noise to a minimum.
HagClock starts up in 100ms after external power is applied.
- I finally got the Hagclock installed tonight. The process was a lot easier than I thought it would be
- remove three parts, attach 4 wires and voila. First impression: WOW! Bass out of nowhere, clarity,
clarity, clarity and a 3D soundstage with tons of detail and feel. It's like vinyl without the rumble,
pops and hiss. All this without scoping the output on an oscilloscope (which I'll do soon at a friends).
You've got a winner with the Hagclock, Jim.
- Just got the HagClock today and had it installed in less than 45 minutes, the instructions were very
clear and (imho) near foolproof. After a short burn-in I was hearing deeper bass and none of the treble
"grit" I've grown used-to. I can't wait to hear the thing after it's fully settled in. Thanks for
offering this excellent product at such a reasonable price.
- So I replaced the part with your clock and we were amazed by the increased Bass depth and authority
as well as a more relaxed and natural top end.
- I thought I would check in with you about the [HagClock]s installed in my Musical Fidelity CD player.
Well, I can only say that the player sounds like a much more expensive unit. Everything is better, even
the speakers seem bigger. The resolution is much higher, and I hear everything that comes with it. Better
bass, more musical, sweeter highs, great midrange, more analog-sounding, etc.
- Your clock is a beautiful design! Installation was only 20 min. I have a decked out Marantz Heart
CD-6000 that sounded great in stock form but now it sounds better than a live performance. Stunning stage
presence and terrific definition with excellent separation. Impressive product!! It will make you worst
recordings come alive. Thank You so much.
- Whereas I was thinking that I would have to buy a new and more up-to-date transport and/or DAC to
achieve the sonic improvement I was seeking, I can now report that your clock has taken my system to new
levels of listening pleasure and I will happily stick with what I now have for the foreseeable future.
I installed the clock in my Rotel RD980 transport and that is feeding my Assemblage DAC2 (heavily
modified). Music is now much more dynamic, detailed and clear. There have been a number of levels
of noise removed from all recordings, so instruments are more clearly defined as are recording venues.
I don't know if the bass is deeper, but it sure is cleaner and tighter.